Monday 8 December 2008

Paris, Reykjavik, Tenerife

2008 has been a brilliant year, maybe the best ever. So much stuff has happened. Some Great, some Bad, some Confusing....But I've learnt a million lessons, and come out the other side a wiser, less petulant person! It's a pity I can't talk about some of the stuff, for legal reasons (I WAS involved in a major Movie, but am NOT allowed to talk about it!?!.....maybe another time.....)


While I'm busy plotting my next incursion into Horror-Comedy, I've been working as a Documentary/News Cameraman. I've done it for almost 10 years now and enjoy the hectic pace and international travel. This year I've been to: Vancouver, Rome, Paris, Iceland (twice), Tenerife, Vienna, Switzerland, Madrid, Barcelona, and all up and down the UK.

I've shot all kinds of Documentaries this year, in between directing Gore sequences for "NEON KILLER", and shooting Giles Edwards' "THE INCURSION" and Sophie Cowles "SMILE" (both savage Horror shorts). Most recently I've shot Documentaries on The Middle East and the Financial Crisis. The more you learn about where the World Economy could be heading, the more freaked out you get; so I have decided to retreat back into the hazy world of B-Movies, Partying and Net-Geekery for the remainder of the year!

So I've been chin-wagging with Axelle Carolyn (journalist, actress, gore hound; pictured Above) of late. She's a really lovely person, and played a small but meaningful role in my last Short Film "NEON KILLER" (I electrocuted her and exploded her head off, which was nice). She's gonna play a much bigger role in my next Short, which we will try and get into Frightfest 2009....


I gotta namecheck the Horror legend Norman J. Warren on here....He's been one of the coolest guys I've met this year. Massively supportive and great fun! making "HORRORSHOW" with him was a blast!...Gonna go see him talk at the NFT on Friday 12th December...

I was also recently interviewed by the groovy fashion journalist Anna Battista for Dazed and Confused, about my undying love for the Italian Comic Book character DIABOLIK. You can find the whole interview here.....

http://www.dazeddigital.com/ArtsAndCulture/
article/1454/1/Happy_Birthday_Diabolik

If you love DIABOLIK as much as me (perfectly impossible of course!) then come and join my Diabolik Appreciation Society!! Just root round facebook, and you'll find us! We have 110 dedicated members....


I think me and Anna are going to collaborate on a fashion project in 2009, but it's very early days....If you're into deeply analytical, fashion/cultural critique, you can check out some of her articles here:

http://www.dazeddigital.com/userprofile/
Default.aspx?username=annab

So that's 2008 almost finished with! I wouldn't even begin to philosophise on here, even though NO-ONE is reading. BUT: A combination of Buddhism, Taoism, The Secret (yes: it really bloody works), and a dash of Christianity, has taught me so much this year.....Hey: you gotta take wisdom where you find it!...


yin yang grouted

Lastly, I gotta shout out MASSIVE LOVE AND RESPECT to Ben Falk, Giorgia Scatturo, David Hall, Sophie Cowles, Giles Edwards, Ben Steiner, Norman J. Warren, The whole Frightfest gang, my family, Dan Lewis, Guy Mainwaring, and the Holy Ghost of Biscuit the Pug, who still watches over me, and occasionally still pisses on the carpet!.......

BRING ON 2009!!!!!



1 comment:

giles edwards said...

Are sure it's not Ben Falk pissing on the carpet?

2008: so very strange so very surreal, so very enlightening, so very...

I can only reiterate the effusive camaraderie, signor.